CURRENT STUDENTS | FUTURE STUDENTS | FACULTY/STAFF | A-Z
|Office of Admissions and Recruitment|
|Academic Suspension Appeals Information|
Students will be placed on Academic Suspension based on the guidelines set out in the Student Handbook. referring to academic suspenion in the on-line student handbook.] The following are guidelines to appealing this suspension.
1. Students will be notified by the Registrar's Office via a letter if they are on Academic Suspension due to poor academic performance. One may also call the Registrar's Office (x.6118) for this information after semester grades are posted.
2. If placed on suspension, a student must appeal and be approved by a predesignated appeals committee consisting of 3 faculty members and 3 ASWNMU student members, with two Admissions staff acting as non-voting liasons.
3. The application for Academic Suspension Appeal can be obtained in the office of Admissions at any time during regular business hours or at this link.
4. Hearing for students appealing their academic suspension will be held once for Fall semester, Spring semester, and Summer sessions. These hearings will be scheduled for the Wednesday before the first day of classes for that specific semester.
5. Students are encouraged to attend this hearing to speak on their own
WNMU Office of Admissions and Recruitment
PO Box 680 Silver City, NM 88062
Phone: 575-538-6000 1-800-872-9668 Fax: 575-538-6127