Career and Technical Teacher Education
This is a 2+2 program designed primarily for students who already hold an AAS degree, an AS degree, or 45 credit hours in an applied technology/technical area.
The degree prepares students for careers in teaching career and technical subjects at secondary and postsecondary levels as well as in industrial settings.
- Degree – Bachelor’s of Applied Science
- Total credit hours required – 132
- Delivery method – Canvas online learning platform with field experience in appropriate settings in secondary schools
Successful completion of the Bachelor of Applied Science degree program in Career and Technical Teacher Education requires the following:
- Completion of an AAS degree, an AS degree, or 45 credit hours in an applied technology/technical area
- Completion of 41 hours of general education including ENG 101 and 102, COMM 110, PSY 102, and general education MATH with a grade of C or higher
- Six additional hours beyond general education math or computer science, and EDUC 402
- Admission to the School of Education including passing the NMTA Basic Skills Test
- Completion of 40 hours of professional education courses with a grade of C or better
- Supervised classroom teaching experience in a secondary career and technical education program
- Twelve hours of writing intensive courses – this requirement is met with the professional education courses
Dr. Barbara Taylor