CURRENT STUDENTS | FUTURE STUDENTS | FACULTY/STAFF | A-Z
We offer students and the community the convenience of testing right in
our facility. Among the tests we offer are the following:
• COMPASS is a placement test that measures your current skill in reading, writing, and mathematics. There is no time-limit to the test, and you are welcome to retest if you feel that the scores do not reflect your ability in a given area.
• WNMU uses this test to determine placement in college-level or developmental classes. Developmental courses review material to prepare you for success in college-level courses.
• The COMPASS test is administered in our Testing Room upon request, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. You do not need an appointment – just stop in at your convenience. The COMPASS test is also offered at our Deming and Truth or Consequences campuses; please contact the WNMU campus nearest you for details.
Before completing the application to take the eCOMPASS please use the link below to find a testing center that is convenient for you.
CLEP: College-Level Examination Program
• WNMU offers the computerized CLEP exams in the Office of the First Year Experience (FYE). These tests give you an opportunity to demonstrate college-level knowledge in a subject area. If a sufficient score is obtained on the exam, you can receive transfer credits in that subject area.
• CLEP tests require an appointment and payment before administration. Please visit the FYE to make exam arrangements.
• This link provides information about CLEP exams:
National Tests: ACT, SAT, PRAXIS, etc.
These tests are scheduled through the national organization that writes and scores these tests. For example, the ACT exam is created and distributed by the ACT company. We are a testing site, as are many other schools and universities. Please access the test application through the national office for each test. I f you have questions, you are welcome to call our office at any time.
• WNMU is proud to offer the General Education Development exam through the FYE. The complete GED is offered each month, over the course of two Fridays.
• There is an application process and a fee required to take this exam. Please call or stop by the FYE during business hours, Monday-Friday from 8:00 – 5:00, for assistance.
• Preparatory courses are offered through Adult Educational Services. Please call 505-574-5101 for more information.
PO Box 680 Silver City, NM 88062
Phone: 575-538-6400 Fax: 575-538-6494