for Concurrent Students
(Fall 2013 & Spring 2014)
Step 1. Placement Tests:
- Placement in MATH and ENGL
courses is based on ACT/SAT or COMPASS test scores.
- For other courses, a
placement score is not required.
- Many of you will be able to
take the COMPASS tests at your high schools at no charge.
- For information regarding testing,
please contact Carey Walker at (575) 590-4779.
Step 2. Complete the Concurrent
Print out a copy of the electronic version of this form.
Page 1 - Top boxed area (required):
- Student or parent/guardian
must write the correct information in this box.
- Begin by marking the
appropriate Admission for: question – Spring 2014, etc. Continue
filling in all the spaces, through the line: Name of High School.
- Please print neatly
& use black or dark ink. (no
- Your response to the following two items….
Information concerning gender and
ethnicity is voluntary but important.
Fill in at least the Title of
Course box for each class to be taken.
The Dual Enrollment staff will
complete this section if there is information missing or unknown at the
time of registration.
- Lower boxed area (required):
Enter Cumulative GPA and Date of
High School Representative - signature
approving the student’s taking the class.
Student - must sign and date
Parent/Guardian - signature on the
appropriate line (unless the student is 18 or older)
Postsecondary Representative –
signature as WNMU’s representative.
- Bring the completed form
to Outreach Programs office at WNMU or
- FAX the form to the Outreach Programs office at (575) 538-6265.
- Forms for students in TorC, Deming, and Lordsburg can be turned in at the appropriate WNMU learning center.
Step 3. WNMU Admission Information
(for first time admissions to WNMU)
will need to know your Social Security number. If you do not know your SS#,
please call Carey Walker at (575) 590-4779.
to WNMU’s Home Page .
on Apply Now above Mustang Express (Middle Right).
Applications (the first choice).
Select First time
user account creation (at the bottom of the page).
Create a Login ID and PIN. Your PIN
must be six numbers. (write this information down)
Click on Login.
Go to the bottom of the page of Select the
Application Type, choose Dual Credit HS Student and click continue.
Select Admission Term and continue filling
out the information.
10. STARS ID is required. Since you do not have a STARS ID, use your SS# instead.
11. Once you have completed filling out all the information on the
several screens, submit the completed form as instructed.
Step 4. Pay Fees:
- Tuition (No Charge - waived by WNMU)
- Registration and
Technology fees are the responsibility of the student.
- Online fee ($30 per credit hour - required for all
students enrolled in online courses)
- Lab fees (course specific fees in certain classes are the
student’s responsibility )
Some school districts voluntarily
pay Online & Lab fees, but are not required to do so by law. Check with
your school representative to see what your school’s policy is concerning
payment of these fees.
Students enrolled in ITV courses,
even if the course has an online component, generally do not pay fees.
- All fees must be paid before
the end of the semester. Billing arrangements need to be made with the
Business Office. Payment can be made at the Business Office or online via
your Mustang Express account.
- Any checks mailed to
WNMU should be sent to the Dual Enrollment office, not the WNMU Business
Step 5. Textbooks: (the student’s responsibility)
- From the WNMU home page (http://www.wnmu.edu/), select Student Services from
the bar above the picture.
- From the menu to the left
of the page select Bookstore
- Follow the steps to
identify the textbook(s) needed for each class.
- Textbooks can be purchased
online from the WNMU bookstore, or purchased from another source.
- WNMU Bookstore’s phone
number is (575) 538-6123.
Step 6. Classes Begin:
- All Fall classes begin
on Monday, January 13, 2014.
- Students enrolled in an online
course, or a course with an online component, should log in to the course on
- Students can use the attached
instructions to log into their online class.
- After following the
instructions, if login is unsuccessful, please contact Carey Walker at (575) 590-4779.
- Online Courses: Students who are taking online courses must
first select the My Online Courses (Canvas)
option under the Quick Links menu to the left. The User Name and Password
are the same as your Mustang Express account information. First time
users should follow the “Preview a WNMU Online Class!” help tutorial.
Step 7. Questions?
(575) 574-4357 or
1-800-872-9668 (ask for Help Desk)
- Students who need help with their WRITING (in
any online or ITV course) contact:
the Curriculum - wnmu.edu >
> Writing at