CURRENT STUDENTS | FUTURE STUDENTS | FACULTY/STAFF | A-Z
Western New Mexico University Foundation Scholarship
WNMU Foundation offers a variety of scholarships
based on need, merit and other criteria.
- Please complete the application in full and be aware that the proper use of upper and lower case, as well as good grammar and composition, can positively affect your scholarship eligibility.
- Acceptance to Western New Mexico University is required prior to the consideration of your application.
- Applicants must have a University W00 Number (W00) issued by the WNMU Admissions Office in order to submit this application. We strongly recommend that your Application for admission be submitted early so you will receive the W00 in time to complete this application before the deadline posted below.
- Applicants need only complete one scholarship application, annually, to be considered for any WNMU Foundation Scholarships.
- In addition to this application, you are strongly encouraged to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) This is required for you to be considered for any need-based scholarships, as well as additional need-based Federal and Institutional Aid. The information contained in the FAFSA will not affect your eligibility for merit-based scholarships.
- The deadline of March 1, 2013 has been established for completing the WNMU Foundation Scholarship Application for the 2013-14 academic year. The online application site will be disabled at Midnight on March 1, 2013. We strongly suggest completing the application prior to this deadline in order to avoid technical difficulties.
*Please note the following:
We will be unable to accept any additional information after you have submitted your application to the WNMU Foundation
Some scholarships are gender, age, and race/ethnicity specific
If you are awarded a scholarship, a congratulatory email letter will be sent to you stating the name and amount of the scholarship. The notification process does not include a notification to all applicants, but only to the selected recipients of a scholarship. All applications are kept in a database during the academic year for consideration of scholarship money that may become available.
Be sure to send a thank you letter to the donor. Our scholarships are provided by private donors who take an interest in supporting our students. Without the support of these donors, many students would not be able to reach their educational goals. Your award email letter will provide an address to send your thank you letter.
Show / Hide Thank You letter Instructions