CURRENT STUDENTS | FUTURE STUDENTS | FACULTY/STAFF | A-Z
What is an Orientation Leader?
An Orientation Leader is a student who is well respected, academically successful and a leader in the community.
Orientation Leaders are role models as well as a source of support and information. They play a major role in facilitating the adjustment of new students and their families to the WNMU community throughout the first year of school.
What do Orientation Leaders do?
· Greet, Welcome, Move and check in students as they arrive on campus
· Fosters a positive transition to residence life for new students by creating an atmosphere in which students can get to know each other and feel comfortable interacting with each other.
· Provides administrative support for the program
· Helps plan future orientations
· Attends and participate in all Orientation activities
· Promotes interaction by facilitating first year student groups to attend events on and off campus
· Answers social and academic questions in a professional manor
· Models good student behavior by respecting and valuing other students as individuals
· Serves as a recruiter for future Orientation Leaders
· They are available for OL activities at least 5 hours per week