WESTERN NEW MEXICO UNIVERSITY
PROCEDURE: CASH RECEIPTING FOR OFF-CAMPUS SITES
- Obtain approval from the Director of Fiscal Services to serve as an off-campus cash collection site.
- Establish a bank account at the off-campus site.
- Personnel at the off-campus site will receipt student payments on pre-numbered receipts.
- Payments collected must be deposited daily into the pre-established bank account.
- Information detailing studentís name, social security number, amount paid, and description of payment must be sent to the main campus Business Office daily.
- Students at off-campus sites must pay tuition and fees in accordance with on campus policy. If students are not paying the full charges due, documents establishing a contract to pay the remaining balance and a payment schedule must also be sent to the main campus Business Office.
- Main campus cashiers, upon receipt of above mentioned documentation, will request funds from off site banks and deposit funds into the WNMU general account. A pre-numbered receipt will be prepared at the time of transfer.
- Any questions from off-campus sites concerning this issue should be directed to the head cashier.
***Cash is equivalent to currency, checks, and credit card receipts.
Approved by: Policy Committee
Date: February 7, 2000