CURRENT STUDENTS | FUTURE STUDENTS | FACULTY/STAFF | A-Z
2014 WNMU Student Hall of Fame
All nomination materials are due: Friday, April 18, 2014 by 4:00 p.m.
The Western New Mexico University Hall of Fame is the highest recognition that can be earned by students at Western New Mexico University. The Hall of Fame is reserved for those students who have demonstrated integrity and achievement through leadership activities, community involvement, participation in campus life, and scholarship while attending Western New Mexico University. As a result of their exceptional impact on the campus community, these student leaders distinguish themselves from many other outstanding students. The Western New Mexico University Hall of Fame is limited in size to no more than ten students per academic year.
1. Nominees must currently be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking student at WNMU. Undergraduate nominees must have earned at least 90 credit hours toward an undergraduate degree.
2. Nominees must have been a full-time student more than half the time during their attendance at WNMU.
3. Nominees must have excelled in at least three of the following:
· Leadership Qualities
· Community Involvement
· Participation in Campus Life
· Academic Achievement
4. Nominees must be enrolled full-time during the term of nomination and be free of disciplinary probation. Nominees graduating during the term of nomination must be enrolled for at least the number of hours required for graduation.
5. Three letters of recommendation must accompany the nomination. The recommendations must be from individuals related to and have first-hand knowledge of the nominee’s accomplishments or service at WNMU and to the community:
· At least one letter must be from a member of WNMU faculty or staff
· At least one letter must be from a community member
· Not more than one letter may be from another student; however, a letter from another student is not required.
6. All undergraduate nominees must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75. All graduate nominees must have a minimum cumulative graduate GPA of 3.00. Nominees who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements will not be considered.
7. Nominees will have their academic and disciplinary records examined by the Selection Committee.
8. Students will be selected for induction into the Western New Mexico University Hall of Fame by a Selection Committee appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management or designee.
9. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
10. Nominations must be submitted electronically on the form found at www.wnmu.edu/halloffame. Nominees must submit a résumé, not to exceed two pages, and a personal statement, not to exceed 1,000 words. Personal statements and résumés that exceed these limits will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee.
11. Personal statements submitted by the nominee must discuss three specific examples of how his or her involvement in the Western New Mexico University community has made a difference in or changed the student’s life.
12. Persons having any questions about this process should contact the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
13. Nominations that are incomplete in any way, are submitted after the deadline, or are for students who do not meet the nomination criteria stated above will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee for consideration.
14. Hall of Fame inductees will be selected by the Committee on April 24, 2014, and notified on April 25, 2013.
15. The new inductees will be recognized in a ceremony held on Thursday, May 1, 2014, in the GRC Auditorium.